Selective Access Is One Inquiry Away
Patients must understand their role as a consumer of healthcare services - just like a trip to the grocery store you can evaluate the cost of medical treatments and make the choices that best fit your budget and schedule! You have a choice.
Costs associated with healthcare services is widely unknown. According to MEREM Healthcare Solutions, Sonos Imaging’s outsourced billing solution, people easily panic at the reality of unknown costs of required medical care such as diagnostic imaging. It is often difficult for patients to understand fully whether the procedure(s), physician, or care facility is included as part of your insurance coverage, and even if a procedure is covered, there is likely to be an out-of-pocket expense.
It is not an obligation of the healthcare consumer/patient to understand the expenses of required exams, the full cost of procedures and involved providers. Understanding the specifics of your individual coverage prior to receiving a procedure, is more important than ever. It is also important to know that you have a choice in the providers you use. Most people are not aware that managing the expenses of health care services can be as simple as shopping around for the best value and advocating for those services to your referring physician and scheduling coordinator.
Provider Referrals Can be Directed By Your Inquiry
To help you get started, here are some questions you should ask as you navigate your healthcare options for diagnostic imaging.
Are you in-network?
In-network providers have negotiated lower rates with the insurance company to provide services. Networks change often, so be sure to check every time before your visit in order to avoid an unexpected and costly out-of-pocket expense. If services of a specialist are recommended, you might also ask about billing and insurance coverage.
- Does the cost of this treatment apply toward your deductible?
- Is there a price difference if the test is performed at an outpatient clinic instead of a hospital?
- Imaging services, like MRI, CT or X-ray are often less expensive at an outpatient clinic.
How will I be billed?
- Ask if the outpatient facility offers global billing, which allows charges from your visit to be billed as one charge.
- For example, you will not receive one bill for the radiologist reading and another for the facility.
- Is there a discount for self-pay patients or for paying cash at the time of service?
- Are there options for setting up a payment plan?
The development of outpatient imaging centers like Sonos Imaging are helping to combat the high costs of healthcare. Many insurance carriers have education programs to help their members find high quality, affordable care.
Ask your insurance for an in-network diagnostic imaging center, and let us know if we are not in your network.
Most insurance companies make it easy to find in-network healthcare providers on their website. They often offer cost estimator tools for healthcare consumers. These tools allow patients to search by exam type, facility location, and the expected cost of the exam.
“In most cases, patients have a choice which could save them hundreds of dollars.”
Sonos Imaging offers big savings for their patients when compared to others imaging centers. Your MRI is important and we will work with you to ensure comfort and convenience is what you receive. If your doctor says you need an MRI, don’t wait for the next available appointment at other facilities, you already took the time off today. Just say “SEND ME TO SONOS IMAGING!” Get in, Get Out, and Get on with your life. Simply call Sonos Imaging (334) 676-4520, for a same day appointment or to answer any questions you Sonos Imaging also offers before and after work appointments.
Outlined below are some of the reasons outpatient centers like Sonos Imaging are the right choice.
- Convenience — Outpatient centers are conveniently located in areas easily accessible to both patients and their physicians. Due to operational efficiencies, these centers provide a full range of services at a lower cost than traditional healthcare settings.
- Scheduling — Outpatient centers run on a daily schedule and can limit patient wait times. For example, when waiting for an MRI, you won’t be in line behind critical care cases and other add-on exams for patients staying in the hospital or receiving urgent care. Outpatient imaging centers can provide same or next day appointments.
- Reimbursement — Outpatient care centers are a fraction of the cost of traditional healthcare in part due to lower overhead and more effective scheduling of exams. Insurance companies, in turn, benefit from these operational efficiencies, which lower the cost of expenses paid by patients directly and often is the reason outpatient facilities are in-network for most insurances.
Ultimately, it is up to you to manage your health care plan and all the financial concerns surrounding your coverage. Remember, you have a choice when selecting your health care providers, so choose wisely. Come in and visit Sonos Imaging to take a tour of our spa-like facility. From the natural lighting in our MRI suites to individual private lounges, free snacks and beverages and a calming atmosphere. There is no stress before your tests.